Pages

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Cherokee Calendar, Birthdate Analysis Available Soon

A few weeks ago, I mentioned to the mailing list that I might not produce a 2009 Cherokee Calendar unless there was some response. Most of the response was, “I didn’t know a calendar was available.”

Fair enough. Creating the Calendar is many hours of work, but I’m willing to do it again because this is a part of our traditional heritage that’s fading fast.

For the past year now, I have been making a service available to healing professionals. According to the oral traditions, one of the main purposes of the calendar was to schedule community ceremonies to maintain the balance between heaven and earth; in other words, between the natural cycle and the course of human events. Another was to analyze a person’s future prospects based on their birth date. This wasn’t seen as ‘fortune telling,” but rather as looking to which of the 260 archetypal personalities or “roles” the person had most likely inherited. Since each of these is understood to have emotional and physical strengths and weaknesses, it was considered an important tool for health care.

I have provided analyses to healers over the past year, which proved amazingly accurate and were most helpful in dealer with their clients. I make no medical claims, this is what they tell me.

Because of the stigma attached to horoscopes and “Indian Tarot Cards,” I had not planned to go public with this service, but rather to work primarily with professional caregivers.

I’ve been getting requests for this, and so I’m going to open it up to the people on my lists for a brief time as a trial. Producing each of these reports, run 12 , 20 and even 30 pages in length, is very time consuming for me. My normal hourly rate would put it out of the range of many people. So I’m going to make it a reduced, fixed price of $52.

You’ll receive the report as a fully-illustrated PDF file, which you can print and bind.

If you want to be put on the advance notification list (I can only do a few dozen of these before Christmas), please contact me at CherokeeCalendar@WilkesWeb.us

No comments: